Preschool Teacher Intern at Harbor City School
About Harbor City School:
Harbor City School (HCS) is a non-profit, independent preschool located in the heart of East Boston. Created by a small group of dedicated local parents in 2010, HCS aims to provide a year round nurturing and stimulating environment for up to twenty children aged 2.9 to 6 years old. For families who wish to actively participate in their child’s preschool experience, we are a co-op school, with cooperative responsibilities for families both in and out of the classroom. HCS celebrates the diversity of our families served and by making connections between families, we make connections to the community at large that continue well beyond the preschool years. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, political beliefs, family structure or toilet training status. Harbor City School is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Staff:
HCS staff believe in providing a nurturing, safe and educationally appropriate environment for all our children. We use an emergent curriculum and follow the developmental model of education, encouraging academic and social growth through exploration, cooperative problem solving and critical thinking. Children develop social and educational relationships with supportive adults. Activities are age appropriate and provide positive and consistent guidance, designed to foster the cognitive, emotional, social and physical development of all children while still meeting the individual needs of children within the group.
A Preschool Teacher Intern at HCS will:
- Assist in the implementation of lesson plans designed by primary teachers
- Document student learning through written and visual means
- Develop respectful relationships with families
- Interact positively with children and model positive interactions with other adults
- Maintain a safe, warm, secure environment in which all children feel respected and valued
- Practice developing and implementing curriculum based on observations under the supervision of primary teachers
- Beginning understanding of developmental appropriateness of preschool age group
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team-oriented, flexible, and reliable
Position Start Date: flexible
Schedule Hours: flexible
Submit resume and cover letter to Kristy Howell or Meg Stanton, email@example.com
Harbor City School is an equal opportunity employer.