Preschool Teacher at Harbor City School
About Harbor City School:
Harbor City School (HCS) is a new cooperative, independent preschool located in the heart of East Boston. HCS provides year round early education to children aged 2.9 to 6 years old and also provides a nurturing and stimulating environment for out students. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, political beliefs, family structure or toilet training status. Harbor City School is an equal opportunity employer. Learn more at www.harborcitykids.org.
HCS provides a fun, nurturing, safe and educationally appropriate environment for all our children. We use an emergent curriculum and follow the developmental model of education, encouraging cognitive and social growth through exploration, cooperative problem solving and critical thinking.
A preschool teacher’s responsibilities include:
- Designs and implements emergent lesson plans derived from observations of children in the classroom.
- Documents student learning through written and visual means.
- Works with families to create relationships of trust and respect and to ensure that all families are appropriately represented in the curriculum.
- Interacts positively with children and models positive interactions with other adults.
- Creates a safe, warm, secure environment in which all children feel respected and valued.
- Participates actively and respectfully with the teaching team at Harbor City School, including weekly planning meetings and monthly staff meetings.
- Co-teaches and shares responsibility for the classroom with another preschool teacher as well as the director/teacher.
- Takes equal responsibility in the maintenance of a clean, organized, and safe school.
- Minimum BA or BS in early education or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in education or child care
- EEC lead teacher certification (or meet requirements to become certified)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented, flexible, and reliable
- First Aid and CPR certified
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org